I think that this picture sums it up. In the nearly 3 years that they have been siblings and she's been alive, I believe this is the only picture I have them them both smiling and/or not picking their nose. It really was a great trip.
So, here are the top 10 highlights of our vacation.
10. We got an 9 day break from this guy.
It was lovely.
9. The Rooster made friends with a group of professional dancers (not the Broadway kind either) from Kentucky who sat beside us everyday at the beach. So long Yolanda, Carissa, and K.C.
8. We saved two small fish that we are fairly certain are baby sharks. We are hopeful that us showing them kindness will result in them not eating anyone in the future. We apologize in advance if they eat you.
7. We went down with a 4 year-old little boy and came home with a 5 year-old. Many tears have been shed over this.
However, he has apparently lifted his backwards underwear ban. This makes so many things right in my world.
5. My parents and sister came down for part of the week. My sister decided we needed to rent a jet ski. So, I took my newly turned 5 year-old and 17 year-old sister jet skiing in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
We had a great time until we all fell off. We then climbed back on. Then one sister noticed that the other sister's body parts were hanging out of her bathing suit. Then
There will not be an accompanying picture of this activity. You're welcome.
4. My children became pirates. Well, Bub became a pirate. Goose told them she was not becoming a pirate then screamed and swung her sword at them.
3. Within the first 10 minutes of being on the beach the first day I got pooped on by a seagull. You always hear what to do if a jellyfish stings you ("Somebody pee on me fast!") or you see a shark ("Play dead!"... wait, that may be a bear, never mind), but no one ever tells you what to do when a seagull poops on your head.
Apparently they don't know I'm a friend of sharks.
2. We played putt-putt. I think that Goose was pretending she was Yolanda.
1. We got to put everything in the world away for a week. I hope that this trip was one of those things they keep with them for a long time.