I am really struggling with the fact that my (very) soon-to-be 5 year-old, first born child will be beginning his formal education in less than 4 months. The "yesterday" of learning he would become part of our family feels far too near for us to be making this huge step.
Just between me and you, I'm going to be honest here. I do not want him to begin school. All of the tactics I have tried (everything from holding off another year to homeschooling) have been vehemently shot down by my husband and our families. So, with a grimace on my face, I am going to have to hand over my baby. But, I still don't have to a like it. So, in one last ditch effort here is 10 reasons why Bub should not start kindergarten this year.
10. They don't allow backpacks. They require tote bags. I'm not going to be the one to break it to him that he won't get to rock the Scooby Doo backpack. That's all on you, Rooster.
9. He has worn out all his jeans. Poor thing will have to go naked.
8. It is highly possible that he will has a larger knowledge base of Hall and Oates, Bon Jovi, and Jackson 5 than his music teacher. And I know that his rendition of Werewolves of London is better.
7. Somebody's got to take care of these dern chickens.
6. Speaking of Scooby Doo.... I doubt that his teacher will pretend she's Daphne and refer to him as Fred.
5. He is on about an every 2 hour feeding schedule. Didn't see that on those sample schedules they showed us at round-up.
4. His sister is not going to have anyone to yell at except her Mamaw Dale now.
3. You've seen him. You know there's going to be some brokenhearted 5 year-old little girls.
2. Kindergarten teachers won't respond the same to "I'm done!" yelled from the bathroom as Momma does.
1. He's still a baby. He's my baby.